The NEMO® BO/BS progressing cavity pump with square/rectangular hopper and coupling rod with feeding screw and force-feed chamber is employed in almost all branches of industry to provide continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation conveyance.
This special design guarantees better feed into the conveying elements. Another great advantage of the NEMO® progressing cavity pump is its ability to dose nearly any substance in proportion to rotation speed. In block construction with a flanged drive, this pump is particularly compact and economical.
Features of the NEMO® BO/BS hopper-shaped progressing cavity pump:
- hopper housing with rectangular inlet flange and feeding screw with force-feed chamber to provide optimal feed for your slowly flowing and pasty media into the conveying elements
- Continuous low-pulsation conveyance unaffected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- Conveyance volume in proportion to rotation speed with high dosing precision over a broad rotational-speed range
- High pressure capability without valves
- Stator with hopper-shaped entrance for optimal filling of the conveying chamber
The NEMO® BO/BS hopper-shaped progressing cavity pump offers you:
- Gentle product conveyance
- Pump connections in accordance with national and international standards, as well as in specially designed models
- Easy serviceability
Advantages of the NEMO® BO/BS hopper-shaped progressing cavity pump:
- Variable modular system
- Various rotor/stator geometries and a large spectrum of materials
- Robust and compact block construction
- The right joint for any application
- Standard mechanical seal, other seals optional
In wear- and corrosion-resistant designs including the wear-free ceramic rotor NEMO CERATEC.
Vulcanized into the tube with sealing on both sides in a variety of elastomers, plastics and metals. Stator inlet with hopper-shaped opening for improved feed of the product into the conveying chamber.
3. Drive Chain
Coupling rod with feeding screw and force-feed chamber for improved feed into the conveying elements and two gimbal joints for the transmission of power from the drive to the rotor.
4. Shaft Seals
Standard with single-acting, bi-directional, wear-resistant mechanical seal. Upon request, with single- or double-acting mechanical seals of varied designs and from various manufacturers, cartridge and special seals as well as packed glands.
5. Suction and Discharge Housing
Pump housing with square/rectangular hopper. The hopper dimensions can be adapted to the individual application.
Flange and threaded connections in accordance with DIN and international standards. Materials in cast iron, steel, chrome-nickel-steel rubberized; also special materials upon request.
6. Block Construction
The drive is flanged directly to the lantern of the pump, resulting in compact dimensions, low total weight, constant axial heights irrespective of the construction type and size of the drive, and ease of maintenance and serviceability as well as high efficiency.
The NEMO® BO/BS progressing cavity pump is available …
- in various sizes for flow rates up to 200 m³/h
- for differential pressures up to twelve bar
- in various materials, from steel to chrome-nickel-steel to highly acid-resistant materials such as duplex, Hastelloy and titanium
- with various stator elastomers, from highly abrasion-resistant natural rubber, to oil-, acid-, and alkali-resistant elastomers, to Aflas and Viton.
- in S/L -Geometries for optimal adjustment to the application
- with a variety of mechanical shaft seals and packed glands as well as special seals
The NEMO® BO/BS hopper-shaped progressing cavity pump has a wide spectrum of applications and is used primarily for substances with the following properties:
- Slowly flowing and non-free-flowing substances
- Substances with solid content
- Smearing or non-smearing
- Thixotropic and dilatant
… such as thickened or concentrated sludge, viscous pastes, cod-liver oil, fish spawn, sausage paste, lard, dough, potato pulp.
The following accessories are available for the NEMO® BO/BS hopper-shaped progressing cavity pump:
- Dry running protection units for NEMOLAST® stators
- Flow sensing unit for solid stators
- Speed monitoring device
- Diaphragm pressure gauges with various connections
- Multi-function pressure instrument
- Quench pot
- Pressurized flushing for double mechanical seal systems
- Ring dosing nozzle
- Chemical anchors
- Stator removal tool
- Adjustable feet
- Mobile and trailer mounted units
- Covers for drives
- Electrical control systems