The NEMO® SA aseptic pump is employed for aseptic and hygienic applications in the foodstuff, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries in order to provide continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation conveyance and dosing in proportion to speed.
To avoid contamination from the environment, all hermetic areas can be sealed with steam or sterile condensate. The design with bearing block and free shaft ends enables the universal employment of any drive type.
Many different regulatory bodies have set specifications for a hygienically correct configuration of components and machines, as well as for component cleanability. NEMO® aseptic pumps are designed, produced and inspected in accordance with the regulations of the EHEDG (European Hygienic Equipment Design Group) and the QHD (Qualified Hygienic Design). The materials used are approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as well as EU-VO 1935/2004. In addition, NEMO® aseptic pumps meet the specifications of the United States’ 3-A Sanitary Standards and are GOST-R certified (a Russian certificate of conformity).
Features of the NEMO® SA aseptic pump:
- Perfectly crevice-free pumping space
- Optimized flow through the pump
- Continuous low-pulsation conveyance unaffected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- Conveyance volume in proportion to rotation speed with high dosing precision over a broad rotational-speed range
- High suction and pressure capability without valves
- Reversible conveyance direction
- Stator with hopper-shaped entrance for optimal filling of the conveying chamber
NEMO® SA aseptic pumps offer you:
- Conveyance under aseptic conditions
- Flexible rod design for uncompromising hygiene and long service life
- Gentle product conveyance
- Long production cycles with contamination-proof, sterile pump construction
- CIP and SIP capability
- Product admission under vacuum conditions up to almost an absolute vacuum
- Elastomers approved for foodstuffs in accordance with FDA
- Horizontal and vertical installation
- Easy serviceability
Advantages of the NEMO® SA aseptic pump:
- All hermetic areas are double-layered and sealed
- Foodstuff-suitable shaft seals with compression-proof bolted seal casing enable reversal of the direction of rotation and thereby also of the direction of conveyance, up to the maximum pump pressure
- Streamlined, crevice-free housing model with reduced diameter prevents sedimentation of the product
- All product-contacting surfaces are polished to prevent build-up of the medium and facilitate cleaning
Take advantage of our decades of experience and know-how in the manufacturing of positive-displacement pumps. Your edge – process stability even under great demands!
Double mechanical seals arranged in tandem with depressurized static or dynamic quench. Seal rings of SIC. FDA-approved elastomer material. The configuration of the rotating unit guarantees air-tightness under changing temperatures and pressures. The seals are in accordance with the regulations of the EHEDG (European Hygienic Equipment Design Group) and the QHD (Qualified Hygienic Design).
The NEMO® SA aseptic eccentric screw pump is available…
- in various sizes for flow rates up to 140 m3/h
- for differential pressures up to 24 bar
- with stators and gaskets with various elastomers approved for contact with foodstuffs.
- with stators with reduced walls
- with S & L Geometry for optimal adjustment to the application
To achieve the velocity of flow necessary for the cleaning fluid of at least 1.5 m/s in the entire system in accordance with CIP procedures, NEMO® hygienic and aseptic pumps are equipped with additional flushing supports in tangential configuration and must be equipped with a bypass line. The bypass is also necessary for the SIP process. The NEMO® pump operates in a synchronized fashion both for the CIP and for the SIP process.
With tangential flushing supports, complete evacuation of the NEMO® pump is guaranteed. All pump materials are suitable for CIP and SIP processes.
The NEMO® SA aseptic pump has a wide spectrum of applications is used primarily for substances with the following properties:
- Sensitive to bacteria
- Low to very high viscosity
- Smearing or non-smearing
- Substances with or without solid content
- Thixotropic and dilatant
… such as yogurt, smooth or chunky sauces, gelatins, glucose, fruit juice, pudding, mayonnaise, curd cheeses, fruit bulk, sterile media, pharmaceutical products, contaminated media and many others.