The NEMO® SA aseptic pump in bearing block design with a maintenance-free flexible rod is crevice free and used, because of its cleanability (CIP/SIP process), for aseptic and hygienic applications in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries for continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation conveyance as well as dosing in proportion to speed.
To avoid contamination from the environment, all hermetic areas can be sealed with steam or sterile condensate. The progressing cavity pump also convinces with a wide range of applications and is preferably used with bacteriologically sensitive, toxic, contaminated, shear-sensitive, low to highly viscous, lubricating, non-lubricating, solids-containing or solids-free, thixotropic, dilatant as well as abrasive and adhesive media. Many different regulatory bodies have set specifications for a hygienically correct configuration of components and machines, as well as for component cleanability (CIP/SIP process). NEMO® SA aseptic pumps are designed, produced and inspected in accordance with the regulations of the EHEDG (European Hygienic Equipment Design Group) and the QHD (Qualified Hygienic Design). The materials used are approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as well as EU-VO 1935/2004. In addition, NEMO® aseptic pumps meet the specifications of the United States’ 3-A Sanitary Standards and are GOST-R certified (a Russian certificate of conformity). The design with bearing block and free shaft end enables universal use of all types of drives.
Made of stainless steel, in different geometries.
2 Stator with reduced wall thickness
For changing product temperatures a patented stator with reduced elastomer wall thickness is used. In addition, a thermal stator protector (STP-2 or STP-D) for overheating and dry running protection is available.
3 Flexible rod
Free of dead spaces, requires no maintenance.
4 Housing / discharge flange
The pump housing has a reduced diameter for optimal flow velocity and minimized pump volume. The body flange is located directly above the shaft seal avoiding any dead space. Therefore the deposit of fluid in the housing during the manufacturing cycle is eliminated.
5 Double buffered static seal
All static seals to the atmosphere are double sealed chambers. Sterile condensate, vapour and/or detector fluid is continuously supplied to the chambers. Through the contamination proof design the process cycle is extended. Consequently output capacity increases as the number of cleaning cycles decreases.
6 Sealing housing
Double-acting machanical seal in tandem arrangement with unpressurized, static or dynamic quench.
7 Bearing housing
Widely spaced, heavy duty bearings ensure optimum concentricity of the drive shaft and are able to withstand large axial loads. The free shaft end allows for the use of all types of drive.
- All hermetic areas are double-layered and sealed
- Foodstuff-suitable shaft seals with compression-proof bolted seal casing enable reversal of the direction of rotation and thereby also of the direction of conveyance, up to the maximum pump pressure
- Streamlined, crevice-free housing model with reduced diameter prevents sedimentation of the product
- All product-contacting surfaces are polished to prevent build-up of the medium and facilitate cleaning
- Conveyance under aseptic conditions
- Flexible rod design for uncompromising hygiene and long service life
- Long production cycles with contamination-proof, sterile pump construction
- CIP and SIP capability
- Product admission under vacuum conditions up to almost an absolute vacuum
- Elastomers approved for foodstuffs in accordance with FDA
- Horizontal and vertical installation
- Easy serviceability