The NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pump is employed for hygienic applications and optimal cleaning (CIP/SIP Process) in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries in order to provide continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation conveyance as well as dosing in proportion to speed.
The design with bearing block and free shaft end allows universal use of all types of drives. The progressing cavity pump is particularly suitable for shear-sensitive, low to highly viscous, lubricating, non-lubricating, solid-loaden, solids-free, thixotropic, dilatant, abrasive or adhesive media. The hygienic design of the components and machines, as well as the cleanability of the system parts (CIP and SIP capable) are defined in a multitude of regulations. NEMO® pumps are designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and EU-VO 1935/2004 (EU regulation on food contact materials). Furthermore, NEMO® hygienic and aseptic progressive cavity pumps comply with the regulations of the 3-A Sanitary Standard of the USA and are GOST-R (certificate of conformity for Russia).
In two geometries and with polished surfaces.
2 Stator with reduced walls
For changing temperatures, a patented stator with reduced elastomer wall thickness is used. In addition, a thermal stator protector (STP-2 or STP-D) provides protection against overheating and dry running. The stator inlet has a hopper-shaped opening for improved feed into the conveying chamber.
3 Drive chain
The all-purpose flexible rod used for the transfer of power from the drive to the rotor in the NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pump is corrosion-resistant as well as dead-space, wear- and maintenance-free, because no components move against each other as they do in joints. Neither lubricants nor seals are needed, so the lubricative properties of the pumped product need not even be taken into account. This is ideal for sensitive substances with or without suspended solids and for uncompromising hygiene.
4 Seal casing
Shaft seals suitable for contact with foodstuffs, with compression-proof, bolted shaft seal housing, enable a reversal of the direction of rotation up to the maximum pumping pressure.
5 Protective tubing for stator
Made of stainless steel (optional).
6 With bearing block and free shaft ends
The design with bearing block and free shaft ends enables the universal employment of any drive type.
- Direction of rotation and thus reversal of the conveyance direction up to the maximum pump pressure
- Streamlined, crevice-free housing model prevents sedimentation of the product
- All product-contacting surfaces are polished to prevent build-up of the medium and facilitate cleaning
- Optional heating of pump housing and stator
- Flexible rod design for uncompromising hygiene and long service life
- Long production cycles with contamination-proof, sterile pump construction
- Product admission under vacuum conditions up to almost an absolute vacuum
- Open, patented hygienic joints for smearing media
- Elastomers approved for foodstuffs in accordance with FDA
- Horizontal and vertical installation
- Easy serviceability