The special design of the M-Ovas® housing carries the solids in the wastewater flow to the cutting plate, where they are held and chopped by rotating blades. This low-maintenance assembly is designed for sludges with a maximum flow of 300 m3/h and a dry matter content of up to seven percent.
Advantages of the NETZSCH M-Ovas®:
- High operating safety due to robust construction
- Ease of operation and simple maintenance
- Low operating costs through high operating efficiency
- Optimal price/performance ratio
The housing has a hydrodynamic design with integrated stone trap for solids and a clean-out port. The sediment can easliy be removed by opening the cover plate. The housing is galvanized, optionally also in stainless steel, to ensure corrosion resistance.
2 Housing cover
The cutting unit is integrated into the housing cover. A gas strut is fitted to the cover to assist opening. This allows for easy cleaning of solids in the stone trap.
3 Cutting unit
The cutting plate is made of wear resistant, hardened steel. It provides optimum cutting performance by means of a cutting unit with a self-adjusting blade mechanism. The blades are made from wear resistant hardened steel. A flywheel supports the cutting action and reduces the driving power. It is easy to exchange the cutting plate and cutting blades and this does not require disassembly of the pipework.
4 Shaft seal
Hard metal faced mechanical seal with grease quench to prevent product leakage.
The standard drive unit has reinforced bearings.
6 In-line version
The product inlet and outlet are positioned on the same level. The NETZSCH M-Ovas® can be directly connected to a horizontal pipeline or to a NEMO® Pump inlet where the flange is set at 90°.
- Applicable in biogas and wastewater areas.
- Allowable solid content for wastewater 2 – 7% and for biogas up to 12%.
- Different plate designs for all kinds of applications are available (norm: 26 mm comb).
- High cutting efficiency avoids ragging of materials, such as rags, long fibers, etc.
- The use of a 4-winged blade increased the cutting frequency.
The NETZSCH M-Ovas® is primarily used in the following areas: Agriculture, Slaughterhouses and recycling plants, Canning/tinning factories, Sugar factories, Industrial kitchens, Sewage and wastewater treatment, Biogas plants, Rendering plants, Organic biological waste recycling plants, Paper and pulp production, Leather production, Spas and health resorts.