The NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump is employed in the food products, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries for sanitary applications and optimal cleaning. The important capabilities include, the continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation pumping and metering in proportion to speed. The block pump construction with flanged drive is particularly compact and economical to operate.
Various different regulatory bodies have set specifications for a hygienically correct configuration of components and machines, as well as for component cleanability. The materials used are approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as well as EU-VO 1935/2004. In addition, NEMO® Hygienic and Aseptic Pumps meet the specifications of the United States’ 3-A Sanitary Standards and are GOST-R certified (a Russian certificate of conformity).
Features of the NEMO® BH Sanitary Pumps:
- continuous low-pulsation pumping unaffected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- capacity in proportion to rotation speed with high metering precision over a broad rotational-speed range
- high suction and pressure capability without valves
- reversible pumping direction
- stator with chamfered entrance for optimal filling of the conveying chamber
NEMO® BH Sanitary Pumps offer you:
- gentle product handling
- long production cycles with contamination-proof, sterile pump construction
- CIP and SIP capability
- product handling under vacuum conditions up to almost an absolute vacuum
- open, patented sanitary joints for sticky products
- elastomers approved for food products in accordance to FDA
- horizontal and vertical installation
- easy serviceability
Advantages of the NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump:
- shaft seals suitable for food products with compression-proof bolted seal casing enable reversal of the direction of rotation, and so the direction of pumping, up to the maximum pump pressure
- streamlined, crevice-free housing model prevents product settling
- all product-contacting surfaces are polished to prevent product build-up and facilitate cleaning
- the pump housing and stator can be optionally heated
Take advantage of our decades of experience and expertise in positive displacement pump manufacture.
Your edge – process stability even under great demands!
In two geometries and with polished surfaces
2 Stator with Reduced Walls
For changing temperatures, a patented stator with reduced elastomer wall thickness is appropriate. In addition, a thermal stator protector (STP) provides protection against overheating and dry running. Stator inlet with chamfered opening for improved feed into the conveying chamber.
3 Sanitary Joints
Patented open crevice-free sanitary joints for optimal cleaning.
4 Drive Train
Drive and connecting shaft with coupling rod and two sanitary joints for the power transmission from the drive to the rotor
5 Seal Casing
Shaft seals suitable for contact with food products, with compression-proof, bolted shaft seal housing, enable a reversal of the direction of rotation up to the maximum pumping pressure.
6 Protective Tubing for Stator
Made of stainless steel (optional)
7 Block Construction
The drive is flanged directly to the pump skirt, lending the system compact dimensions, a low total weight, constant axial height independent of the construction and size of the drive, low maintenance requirements, easy serviceability, and high efficiency.
The NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump is available…
- in various sizes for flow rates up to 620 gpm
- for differential pressures up to 350 psi
- with optional tangential CIP supports on the pump housing and end supports
- with stators and gaskets with various elastomers approved for contact with food products.
- with stators with reduced walls
- with S & L Geometry for optimal adjustment to the application
- sensitive substances under gentle, sanitary conditions
… and offers
- a variety of shaft seals and construction types
- Flow-favourable, crevice-free free housing design prevents settling of the product
- All wetted surfaces are polished to prevent build-up of the medium and facilitate cleaning (CIP and SIP capability)
- Optional heating of pump housing and stator
- Horizontal and vertical mounting possible
- Service friendliness
- Gentle product conveying
- Product acceptance under vacuum conditions up to almost absolute vacuum