The NEMO® BO Progressing Cavity Pump with square/rectangular hopper, coupling rod with auger and force-feed chamber is employed in almost all industrial markets to provide continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation conveyance. This special design guarantees better feed into the conveying elements. Another great advantage of the NEMO® Progressing Cavity Pump is its ability to meter nearly any substance in proportion to rotation speed. In block construction with a flanged drive, this pump is particularly compact and economical.
Features of the NEMO® BO Open Throat Progressing Cavity Pump
- open throat housing with rectangular inlet flange, and auger with force-feed chamber, provides optimal feed for slowly flowing and pasty media into the conveying elements
- continuous low-pulsation conveyance unaffected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- capacity in proportion to rotation speed with precision metering over a wide speed range
- high pressure capability without valves
- stator with chamfered inlet for optimal filling of the pumping element
The NEMO® BO Open Throat Progressing Cavity Pump offers you:
- gentle product handling
- pump connections in accordance with national and international standards, as well as in specially designed models
- easy serviceability
Advantages of the NEMO® BO Open Throat Progressing Cavity Pump
- variable modular system
- various rotor/stator geometries and a broad array of materials
- robust and compact block construction
- the right joint for any application
- standard mechanical seal, other seals optional
In wear- and corrosion-resistant designs including the wear-free ceramic rotor NEMO CERATEC®.
Vulcanized into the tube with sealing on both sides in a variety of elastomers, plastics and metals. Stator inlet with chamfered opening for improved feed of the product into the pumping element.
3 Drive Train
Coupling rod with feeding screw and force-feed chamber for improved feed into the conveying elements. Two universal joints for power transmission from the drive to the rotor.
4 Shaft Seals
Standard with single-acting, bi-directional, wear-resistant mechanical seal. Upon request, with single- or double-acting mechanical seals of varied designs and from various manufacturers, cartridge and special seals as well as packed glands.
5 Suction and Discharge Housing
Pump housing with square/rectangular hopper. The hopper dimensions can be adapted to the individual application.
Flange and threaded connections in accordance with ANSI and NPT and international standards. Materials in cast iron, steel, chrome-nickel-steel rubberized; also special materials upon request.
6 Block Construction
The drive is flanged directly to the pedestal of the pump, resulting in compact dimensions, low total weight.
The NEMO® BO Progressing Cavity Pump is available …
- in various sizes for flow rates up to 1000 gpm
- for differential pressures up to 180 psi
- in various materials, from steel to chrome-nickel-steel to highly acid-resistant materials such as duplex, Hastelloy and titanium
- with various stator materials like highly abrasion-resistant natural rubber, oil-, acid-, and alkali-resistant elastomers, Aflas and Viton.
- in S & L Geometry for optimal adjustment to the application
- with a variety of mechanical shaft seals and packed glands as well as special seals
- highly viscous and crumbly substances that do not have bridge-building tendencies
- slowly-flowing and non-free-flowing substances with or without suspended solids
The NEMO® BO/BS hopper-shaped progressing cavity pump has a wide spectrum of applications and is used primarily for substances with the following properties:
- Slowly flowing and non-free-flowing substances
- Substances with solid content
- Smearing or non-smearing
- Thixotropic and dilatant
… such as thickened or concentrated sludge, viscous pastes, cod-liver oil, fish spawn, sausage paste, lard, dough, potato pulp.
The following accessories are available for the NEMO® BO Open Throat Progressing Cavity Pump:
- dry running protection units for NEMOLAST® stators
- flow sensing unit for solid stators
- speed monitoring device
- diaphragm pressure gauges with various connections
- multi-function pressure instrument
- quench pot
- pressurized flushing for double mechanical seal systems
- FLR System
- anchor bolts
- stator removal tool
- adjustable feet
- mobile and trailer mounted units
- covers for drives
- electrical control systems