The NEMO® SH Sanitary Pump is employed in the food products, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries for hygienic applications and optimal cleaning. It is ideal in these settings due in part to its continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation handling and in part to its capability of metering in proportion to speed. The design with bearing housing and free shaft ends enables you to choose any drive type.
Various regulatory agencies have set specifications for a sanitary configuration of components and machines, as well as for component cleanability. NEMO PUMPS® are designed, produced and inspected in accordance with the regulations of the EHEDG (European Hygienic Equipment Design Group) and the QHD (Qualified Hygienic Design). The materials used are approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). In addition, NEMO® Sanitary and Aseptic Pumps meet the 3-A Sanitary Standards specifications of the United States and are GOST-R certified (a Russian certificate of conformity).
Features of the NEMO® SH Sanitary Pumps:
- continuous low-pulsation handling unaffected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- capacity in proportion to rotation speed with precise metering over a broad rotational-speed range
- high suction and pressure capability without valves
- reversible pumping direction
- stator with chamfered entrance for optimal filling of the conveying chamber
NEMO® SH Sanitary Pumps offer you:
- gentle product handling
- long production cycles with contamination-proof, sterile pump construction
- CIP and SIP capability
- product admission under vacuum conditions up to almost an absolute vacuum
- open, patented sanitary joints for sticky products
- elastomers approved for food products in accordance to FDA
- horizontal and vertical installation
- easy serviceability
Advantages of the NEMO® SH Sanitary Pump:
- shaft seals suitable for food products with compression-proof bolted seal casing enable reversal of the direction of rotation, and so of the direction of conveyance, up to the maximum pump pressure
- streamlined, crevice-free housing model prevents product settling
- all product-contacting surfaces are polished to prevent build-up of the product and facilitate cleaning
- the pump housing and stator can be optionally heated
Take advantage of our decades of experience and expertise in positive displacement pump manufacture.
Your edge – process stability even under great demands!
In two geometries and with polished surfaces.
2 Stator with Reduced Walls
For changing temperatures, a patented stator with reduced elastomer wall thickness is appropriate. In addition, a thermal stator protector (STP) provides protection against overheating and dry running. Stator inlet with chamfered opening for improved feed into the pumping element.
3 Sanitary Joints
Patented open crevice-free sanitary joints for optimal cleaning.
4 Drive Train
Drive and connecting shaft with coupling rod and two sanitary joints for the transmission of power from the drive to the rotor.
5 Seal Casing
Shaft seals suitable for contact with food products, with compression-proof, bolted shaft seal housing, enable a reversal of the direction of rotation up to the maximum pumping pressure.
6 Protective Tubing for Stator
Made of stainless steel (optional).
7 With Bearing Housing and Free Shaft Ends
The design with bearing housing and free shaft ends enables you to choose any drive type.
The NEMO® SH Sanitary Pump is available …
- in various sizes for flow rates up to 620 gpm
- for differential pressures up to 350 psi
- with optional tangential CIP supports on the pump housing and end supports
- with stators and gaskets with various elastomers approved for contact with food products.
- with stators with reduced walls
- with S & L Geometry for optimal adjustment to the application
… conveys …
- sensitive substances under gentle, sanitary conditions
… and offers
- a variety of shaft seals and construction types:
To achieve the velocity of flow necessary for cleaning fluid at a minimum of 1.5 m/s in the entire system in accordance with CIP procedures, NEMO® Sanitary and Aseptic Pumps are equipped with additional flushing supports in tangential configuration, and must be equipped with a bypass line. The bypass is also necessary for the SIP process. The NEMO® Pump operates in a synchronized fashion both for the CIP and for the SIP process. With tangential flushing supports, complete evacuation of the NEMO® pump is guaranteed. All pump materials are suitable for CIP and SIP processes.
The NEMO® SH Sanitary Pump is employed for sanitary applications in the food products, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries to provide continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation handling with optimal cleaning and metering in proportion to speed.
Wide Range of Applications
The NEMO® SH Sanitary Pump is used primarily for substances with the following properties …
- low to very high viscosity
- stick and dry products
- substances with or without solid content
- thixotropic and dilatant
… such as
yeast, cream, mustard, mayonnaise, yogurt, soft cheeses, ointments, chunky sauces, eggs, milk, curd cheeses, honey, marmalade, syrup, ketchup, sourdough and many others.
Additional Features of the NEMO® SH
- high suction capability of up to 29 ft WC
- vertical or horizontal installation
- low noise, low vibration
Wide Range of Capacities and Pressures
- adjustable capacities up to 620 gpm
- for differential pressures up to 350 psi
The following accessories are available for the NEMO® SH Sanitary Pump:
- dry running protection units for NEMOLAST® stators
- flow sensing unit for solid stators
- speed monitoring device
- diaphragm pressure gauges with various connections
- multi-function pressure instrument
- quench pot
- pressurized flushing for double mechanical seal systems
- anchor bolts
- stator removal tool
- adjustable feet
- mobile and trailer mounted units
- covers for drives