The NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump is employed in the food products, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries for sanitary applications and optimal cleaning. The important capabilities include, the continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation pumping and metering in proportion to speed. The block pump construction with flanged drive is particularly compact and economical to operate.
Various regulatory agencies have set specifications for a hygienically correct configuration of components and machines, as well as for component cleanability. NEMO PUMPS® are designed, produced and inspected in accordance with the regulations of the EHEDG (European Hygienic Equipment Design Group) and the QHD (Qualified Hygienic Design). The materials used are approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). In addition, NEMO® Hygienic and Aseptic Pumps meet the 3-A Sanitary Standards specifications of the United States and are GOST-R certified (a Russian certificate of conformity).
Features of the NEMO® BH Sanitary Pumps:
- continuous low-pulsation pumping unaffected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- capacity in proportion to rotation speed with high metering precision over a broad rotational-speed range
- high suction and pressure capability without valves
- reversible pumping direction
- stator with chamfered entrance for optimal filling of the conveying chamber
NEMO® BH Sanitary Pumps offer you:
- gentle product handling
- long production cycles with contamination-proof, sterile pump construction
- CIP and SIP capability
- product handling under vacuum conditions up to almost an absolute vacuum
- open, patented sanitary joints for sticky products
- elastomers approved for food products in accordance to FDA
- horizontal and vertical installation
- easy serviceability
Advantages of the NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump:
- shaft seals suitable for food products with compression-proof bolted seal casing enable reversal of the direction of rotation, and so the direction of pumping, up to the maximum pump pressure
- streamlined, crevice-free housing model prevents product settling
- all product-contacting surfaces are polished to prevent product build-up and facilitate cleaning
- the pump housing and stator can be optionally heated
Take advantage of our decades of experience and expertise in positive displacement pump manufacture.
Your edge – process stability even under great demands!
In two geometries and with polished surfaces
2 Stator with Reduced Walls
For changing temperatures, a patented stator with reduced elastomer wall thickness is appropriate. In addition, a thermal stator protector (STP) provides protection against overheating and dry running. Stator inlet with chamfered opening for improved feed into the conveying chamber.
3 Sanitary Joints
Patented open crevice-free sanitary joints for optimal cleaning.
4 Drive Train
Drive and connecting shaft with coupling rod and two sanitary joints for the power transmission from the drive to the rotor
5 Seal Casing
Shaft seals suitable for contact with food products, with compression-proof, bolted shaft seal housing, enable a reversal of the direction of rotation up to the maximum pumping pressure.
6 Protective Tubing for Stator
Made of stainless steel (optional)
7 Block Construction
The drive is flanged directly to the pump skirt, lending the system compact dimensions, a low total weight, constant axial height independent of the construction and size of the drive, low maintenance requirements, easy serviceability, and high efficiency.
The NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump is available…
- in various sizes for flow rates up to 620 gpm
- for differential pressures up to 350 psi
- with optional tangential CIP supports on the pump housing and end supports
- with stators and gaskets with various elastomers approved for contact with food products.
- with stators with reduced walls
- with S & L Geometry for optimal adjustment to the application
- sensitive substances under gentle, sanitary conditions
… and offers
- a variety of shaft seals and construction types
To achieve the velocity of flow necessary for cleaning fluid at a minimum of 1.5 m/s in the entire system in accordance with CIP procedures, NEMO® Hygienic and Aseptic Pumps are equipped with additional flushing supports in tangential configuration and must be equipped with a bypass line. The bypass is also necessary for the SIP process. The NEMO® Pump operates in a synchronized fashion both for the CIP and for the SIP process. With tangential flushing supports, complete evacuation of the NEMO® pump is guaranteed. All pump materials are suitable for CIP and SIP processes.
The NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump is employed for sanitary applications in the food product, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries to provide continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation pumping with optimal cleaning and metering in proportion to speed.
Wide Range of Applications
The NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump is used primarily for substances with the following properties:
- low to very high viscosity
- sticky or dry stubstances
- substances with or without solid content
- thixotropic and dilatant
… such as
yeast, cream, mustard, mayonnaise, yogurt, soft cheeses, ointments, chunky sauces, eggs, milk, curd cheeses, honey, marmalade, syrup, ketchup, sourdough and many others.
- high suction capability of up to 29 ft WC
- vertical or horizontal installation
- low noise, low vibration
Large Range of Capacities and Pressures
- adjustable capacities up to 620 gpm
- for differential pressures up to 350 psi
The following accessories are available for the NEMO® BH Sanitary Pump:
- dry running protection units for NEMOLAST® stators
- flow sensing unit for solid stators
- speed monitoring device
- diaphragm pressure gauges with various connections
- multi-function pressure instrument
- quench pot
- pressurized flushing for double mechanical seal systems
- ring dosing nozzle
- anchor bolts
- stator removal tool
- adjustable feet
- mobile and trailer mounted units
- covers for drives
- electrical control systems