Conveying and cutting in one process step without expensive additional equipment, this is exactly what the NEMO® BO/SO hopper pump with integrated cutting device makes possible. With the progressing cavity pump, for example in the food industry, large solids such as pieces of fruit or vegetables can be easily and quickly chopped and pumped for further processing.
The NEMO® BO/SO progressing cavity pump with hopper and coupling rod with feeding screw and force-feed chamber is employed in almost all branches of industry to provide continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation conveyance. The hopper housing with cutting unit guarantees optimum feed of chunky medium into the conveying elements. If the medium passes the force-feed chamber with the cutting unit the larger fruits and vegetables are cutted immediately. This unit consists of a rotating knife with three blades and a variable number of stationary knives adjustable to the size and consistency of the particles. Optionally the pump can be equipped with an additional cutting unit at the discharge flange of the pump. With its perforated disc and rotating knife it allows for further fine definition of the particle size. As any other NEMO® progressing cavity pump also the BO/SO pump has the ability to dose the conveyed media in proportion to rotation speed. In block construction with a flanged drive, this pump is particularly compact and economical In addition, the NEMO® is characterised by low investment, operating and maintenance costs. However, it is also available in bearing block design with a free shaft end. This means that the pump can be operated with different types of drive, such as servo motors, diesel engines or hydraulic drives.
In wear- and corrosion-resistant designs including the wear-free ceramic rotor NEMO CERATEC®.
2.1 Stator with Conventional Technology
Vulcanized into the tube with sealing on both sides in a variety of elastomers, plastics and metals. Stator inlet with chamfer to facilitate entry of fluid into the pumping element.
2.2 Stator with iFD Technology
This stator design consists of the disposable elastomer lining and an aluminum housing in which the elastomer is housed. This design provides reduced starting and running torques, higher degree of efficiency, longer lifetime, quick maintenance and easy disposal.
3 Drive Train
Coupling rod and two universal joints for power transmission from the drive to the rotor.
4 Shaft Seals
Standard with single-acting, bi-directional, wear-resistant mechanical seal. Upon request, with single- or double-acting mechanical seals of varied designs and from various manufacturers, cartridge and special seals as well as packed glands.
5 Suction and Discharge Housing
Flange and threaded connections in accordance with ANSI/NPT and international standards. Materials in cast iron, steel, chrome-nickel-steel rubberized; also special materials upon request.
6 Block Construction
The drive is flanged directly to the pedestal of the pump, resulting in compact dimensions, low total weight, high efficiency and ease of maintenance and serviceability.
The NEMO® BY Progressing Cavity Pump is available…
- in various sizes for flow rates up to 2000 gpm
- for differential pressures up to 360 psi
- in various materials, from steel to chrome-nickel-steel to highly acid-resistant materials such as duplex, Hastelloy and titanium
- with various stator materials including highly abrasion-resistant natural rubber, oil-, acid-, and alkali-resistant elastomers, Aflas and Viton.
- in S, L, D & P Geometries customized to your application
- with a variety of mechanical shaft seals and packed glands as well as special seals
- substances with consistencies from thin to thick, with or without solid content
- substances with consistencies from slowly flowing to non-free-flowing, with or without solid content
[Translate to English (US):]
|NM015 BO/SO|| |
up to 450
*Additional sizes and technical data on request.
- Variable modular system for optimum conveyance and cutting
- Robust and compact construction
- Continuous low-pulsation conveyance una ected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- Conveyance volume in proportion to rotation speed with high dosing precision over a broad rotational-speed range
- Ease of service
- Replacing additional machinery