In the petroleum industry NETZSCH TORNADO® Rotary Lobe Pumps are used for the continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation handling of crude oil. The TORNADO® can pump high capacities with a small footprint.
Features of the NETZSCH TORNADO®:
- large ball passage
- intermittent dry run capabilities
- low-pulsation conveyance
- high suction capability
The NETZSCH TORNADO® offers you:
- space-saving design
- low life cycle costs
- high efficiencies
Advantages of the NETZSCH TORNADO®:
- tolerates high pressures and capacities
- can be operated with a great variety of substances
- proportional capacity adjustment
- various lobe geometries and materials, tailored to the given application
- easy serviceability
Modular design with an adjustable housing for a long service life.
2 Wear Protection Plates
Highly abrasion-resistant, replaceable wear plates on both sides of the lobes.
3 Timing Gear
Patented timing gear design with GSS Technology creates positive separation between the pump head and product seals to prevent product leakage from infiltrating the timing gear.
4 Shaft Seals
Easy-to-service shaft seals with bi-directional and wear-resistant single-acting mechanical seals. Mechanical seals meeting DIN/ISO standards from any manufacturer can be installed.
5 Housing Cover Plate
Rotary lobes, wear plates and mechanical seals can be easily serviced or exchanged after removal of the housing cover plate; it is not necessary to disassemble the pump housing or piping.
6 Rotary Lobes
Two-, three-, or four-lobe, straight or beveled rotary lobes in various elastomer qualities are available for different applications.
The NETZSCH TORNADO® Rotary Lobe Pump is available…
- in three models: MB, XB, XLB
- for flow rates from 5 to 4500 gpm
- for differential pressures up to 150 psi
- with four rotary lobe models
- with wear-proof and chemically resistant elastomers
- with cast iron or stainless steel housing
- with high-grade carbide mechanical seals
- capacities from a few gpm to 4500 gpm
- pressures of up to 150 psi in standard form
- solid particles up to 2.75 inches
- substances with a viscosity of 1 – 500,000 cPs
Certification / Credentials
- DIN ISO 9001
- Certification in accordance with § 19 WHG
- ATEX Directive
- GOST R and GOST K
- Material certifications
- Test reports
- Welding certificates
- Non-destructive material testing
- Sound level measurement
- Quality plans
- Progress reports
- Other certification and credentials upon request
1 Rotor Setting Device
For positioning the rotors axially as well as radially.
2 Front Cover
For covering the pump head and correct positioning of the cover liner.
3 Cover Liner
For sealing the pump head and acting as abrasion resistant, replaceable wear plate. Two specially engineered elastomer inlays, one cover liner and one casing liner, protect the whole pump chamber from wear.
Rotor with integrated sleeve in simple and robust shape. The lobe faces are completely flat, no screws where fibrous material can get trapped or compacted. The straight lobes allow much larger solids to pass.
5 Casing Liner
Wear resistant, replaceable casing liner with integrated Pulsation Reduction System (NETZSCH PRS). A glass fiber reinforced, robust body beneath the elastomer gives the liners stability and enables high suction and discharge pressure capabilities.
6 Rotor case
Rotor case with integrated flanges DIN and ANSI. Full access to pump head from flange to flange.
7 Bearing Housing
Bearing Housing with motor console and electric motor as compact pump unit. Other drive configurations are available.
The NETZSCH TORNADO® conveys your oil as well
The NETZSCH TORNADO® is engineered for transporting high capacities at low pressures under tight space constraints. The TORNADO® Rotary Lobe Pump is ideal for loading and unloading tank trucks when not much space is available.
Wide Spectrum of Applications
The NETZSCH TORNADO® is used primarily for substances with the following properties…
- low- to high-viscosity (1 cPs to 500,000 cPs)
- thixotropic and dilatant
- sticky to dry
- crude oil
- mineral oil
Additional Features of the NETZSCH TORNADO®:
- high suction capability of up to 26 ftWC
- reversible direction of rotation
- vertical or horizontal installation
- low noise, low vibration
- ball passage up to 2.75 inches