NETZSCH TORNADO® industrial rotary lobe pumps are versatile stand-alone equipment. Used primarily in environmental technology and the chemical industry, these pumps handle almost any substance continuously and gently while metering in proportion to rotation speed. Their small space requirements and high power density are some of their most important advantages.
Features of the NETZSCH TORNADO® Industrial Rotary Lobe Pumps:
- intermittent dry run capabilities
- conveyance of low- to high-viscosity substances
- large ball passage
- space-saving, compact construction with high power density
NETZSCH TORNADO® Industrial Rotary Lobe Pumps offer you:
- capacity in proportion to rotation speed
- high metering precision
- constant, low-pulsation conveyance
- high efficiencies
- low life cycle costs and easy serviceability
- pump accessories in accordance with national and international standards, as well as specially designed models
One Stop for All Your Needs
For the various applications in your processes, NETZSCH TORNADO® Rotary and NEMO® Progressing Cavity Pumps are available from a single source!
Take advantage of our decades of experience and expertise in positive displacement pump manufacture.
Plastic deformation and heat generation is reduced by maintaining a uniform elastomeric wall thickness within the pump chamber. Material sections, bearing selection and seal positioning combine to minimize the adverse effects on dimensional changes to pump head geometry due to temperature changes. The design and geometry of the rotors ensures a high level of durability. With the rotor fixing and drive outside of the pump chamber the rotors can have a completely flat continuous front and back face with no dead areas which eliminates the possibility of fibrous material becoming trapped and compacted. The mechanical seal design and seal face position eliminates dead areas and allows constant circulation of the media around the faces which ensures that the risk of media entrapment and compaction is minimised. The TORNADO® T2 all metal pumps can be manufactured from metals offering higher levels of cleanliness, corrosion or abrasion resistance and can therefore be applied to applications demanding the characteristics of these materials, especially in the low sanitary hygienic or chemical market sectors.
"Full Service In Place" instead of "Maintenance In Place"
Servicing a rotary lobe pump has never been so easy and all without the need for any special tools. The rotors can be removed and replaced very easily and quickly because they are not bolted or keyed to the shafts within the pump head but fixed with quick-fit non media wetted taper lock assemblies positioned and accessed outside of the pump head. The geometry of the rotors means that they can be fitted and removed independently. There are no keys dictating a unique rotor position which results in faster, easier and cleanerrotor removal and replacement and for rotor synchronisation a setting device is included as an integral part of the pump front cover. Benefitting from all these features the service time for the TORNADO® T2 has been reduced to significantly less than half the time required for servicing a conventional rotary lobe pump. The pre-set cartridge mechanical seals are fitted directly into the rotor and mounted on the shafts as one assembly. There are various cartridge mechanical seals available all of which fit into a common housing allowing for seal upgrades without modification.
The revolutionary NETZSCH PRS (Pulsation Reduction System) guarantees an almost pulsation-free discharge that is of benefit in many process applications. Even when used in conjunction with straight bi-lobe rotors, which ensures better solid handling capability and easier maintenance, the NETZSCH PRS provides an almost pulsation-free flow which outperforms the characteristics of complex multi-lobe helical rotors.The pump chamber and mechanical seal design and position eliminates dead areas, where pump media can collect and compact. This makes cleaning easier, either manually or by CIP.
- No ingress of the media into the bearing housing in the event of seal failure
- Easy access to seal buffer/quench and barrier/flush connections
- Visual indicator of seal performance
1GSS=Gearbox Security System
²BSS=Bearing Security Systm
Broad application spectrum
TORNADO® rotary lobe pumps can be used for media that has the following characteristics:
- Abrasive, corrosive and fibrous
- Containing solids (max. particle size up to 70 mm)
- Low to high viscosity
- Shear sensitive
- Non-lubricating and lubricating
Wide capacity and pressure range
- Flowrates up to 1,000 m³/h
- Pressures up to 10 bar
Most of the accessories for NEMO® pumps can also be used with the TORNADO® rotary lobe pump:
- pressure control devices
- dry running protection units
- electrical control systems
- motor protection units
- shaft sealing utilities
- flow meters
- level gauges
- bypass lines
- substructure accessories
- combustion engines
- special tools
In addition, there are of course many accessory parts specifically designed for the TORNADO® rotary lobe pump.
- Welding flanges
- Self-adhesive foam rubber gaskets
- Connecting pieces with square flange galvanized finish with or without inspection glass and drain valve, provision of liquids guaranteed
- Connecting pieces in accordance with DIN 2633, galvanized or stainless steel, with or without inspection glass and drain valve, provision of liquids guaranteed
- Connecting pieces in 90° construction in accordance with DIN 2633, galvanized, with or without inspection glass and drain valve, provision of liquids guaranteed
- Flow regulator (bypass)
- Superstructural parts with drive motors in Model B3
- In Model B3 and motor stool with belt guard and transmission
The TORNADO® rotary lobe pump is available in four series with each series offering features and specifications meeting specific market needs.