Hydrodynamic design with integrated stone trap for solids, and a clean-out port. The sediment can easily be removed by opening the cover plate. The housing is galvanized to ensure corrosion resistance. Available in stainless steel (optional).
2 Housing cover
Cutting unit integrated into housing cover. A gas strut is fitted to the cover to assist opening.
3 Cutting unit
The cutting plate is made of wear resistant, hardened steel. Optimum cutting performance through cutting unit with a fixed cutting mechanism. Cutting head and cutting blades made from wear resistant hardened steel. The flywheel effect of the cutting head supports the cutting process and reduces the drive power. Easy exchange of cutting plate and cutting blades without disassembling the pipework. A manual adjustment is not necessary due to the pressure spring support.
4 Shaft seal
Single mechanical seal made of hard metal with oil quench to prevent product leakage.
The standard drive unit has reinforced bearings.
6 Inline version
Product inlet and outlet are positioned on the same level. The M-Ovas® can be directly connected to a horizontal pipeline or to a pump inlet where the flange is set at 90°.
- Protects the system from large solids and possible consequential damage
- High cutting efficiency avoids clogging by materials such as fabric remnants or long fibres
- Compact design with high throughput
- Easy and quick removal of the cutting plate, saves time and costs
- Low energy consumption at high throughput rates
- Integrated clean-out port with separate cleaning and drain opening
- Shaft sealed by mechanical seal with grease lubrication
- Particularly maintenance-friendly, no removal from the pipeline necessary
- Cutting plate can be used on both sides
- Different perforated plates depending on the application